Fun times

Had a great day yesterday at the Play barn   http://www.theplaybarn.co.uk/index.asp  near Norwich. Great picnic supplied by my big sister,thanks sis. It was great to see my niece,it doesn’t happen as often as id like,so i cherish every second. Love the way my big sister jump to defend me when i cried, the mum nearly got bogged washed..!…..! 

  Basically Daisy was playing in the baby soft area, on her own, its like a simple soft play pen.  As a mother and her child walked from the bigger play area to the toilet they passed the pen. Daisy had pulled herself up and was watching the World go by. I watch her content she was safe. The little girl approached Daisy to say hello and the rest. The mum looked back and saw the little girl (no more than 4) had stopped to see Daisy. Daisy who was still in the soft play area for no-walking babies smiled at the girl. The mum then turned and continued to walk away from the child, probably thinking the child would notice and run along. The child noticed and didn’t care, she then slammed her hand directly on top of Daisys head, as if squashing play-doh!. Within the time of the girl coming to Daisy id stood up to observe and help the communication between the young ladies. With no choice other than to grab (in a soft way) the little girls hand,after saying ‘Don’t touch her head’ with this the mum was closer and glared at me like id abused her child, ate her dog and man handled her husband! I was shaking at this point though fear daisy would get hurt,just the thought shakes me up. I understood the mums glare then I said sorry or tried to, to the mum, then two the little girl whom was walking towards the mum. I quickly explained Daisy has skull missing on top of her head, and it c…….o….u………l………………d………………….. she ignored me, grabbed the little girl and stormed off.  I dropped my head,looked at my feet,got Daisy and I then went to my big sister, I couldn’t hold back the tears, nothings ever going to be normal again, even a simple trip to a play area. My big Sis demanded I tell her what occour,   she then asked where this mother and child was,I think she wanted to bog wash the mum!…  It was my fault Daisy didn’t have her helmet on, as we had only just entered the building. …BUT….Daisy was in the baby area, i was watching her, personally i wouldn’t let my kids touch any ones head, let alone a babies. Daisy still looks well under 1year of age. Also its blatant to see her head isn’t as it should its red raw thin scar tissue with a large patch of hair missing.  So maybe I will consider putting her helmet on before getting out of the car,lesson learnt. But i’m upset with that mum, who didn’t seem to care her she had upset my daughter or myself. What a caring lady, maybe she was worried about the impact me telling her daughter what to do would have on her little girl, then id understand, but as the mum dragged the girl away, she wasn’t even looking at her girl, the first thing i would do is at least care the situation , get to the girls level and offer cuddles. This women was not even up for reasoning, for what reason? after that Daisy had her hat on, for the rest of the day I felt the odd glare, not at me, but Daisy, i only hope she will think again next time she cant be arsed to assist the to directions for her child to the toilet.   oh, well as will left and reflected on the situation, Big sister said…. Kerry your going to get that sort of thing all the time…..  and I agree, big sis is always right, I’ve got to admit the bog wash wasn’t a bad idea either.xx

No comments: